Du VoD service offers region's first 3D movie
Dubai, December 28, 2010
Integrated telecom service provider du’s Video on Demand (VoD) service will have a new addition - 'StreetDance 3D', the UK’s top grossing dance movie – a 3D first for the Middle East.
This new offering, starting from December 25, is a result of a deal du has completed with the UK’s multi-screen content aggregator On Demand Group, a subsidiary of SeaChange International.
“3D movie is a great new addition to our bouquet of offerings and depending on positive customer feedback we will introduce more such exciting titles,” said Farid Faraidooni, chief commercial officer, du.
“Clearly the global video industry is excited about the potential for 3D and our many content clients are among them,” said Tony Kelly, chief executive of On Demand Group.
“StreetDance 3D” follows a street dance crew in Inner City London, forced to work with a group of ballet dancers in return for the use of rehearsal space. The two groups bond while they train together for the UK Championships. Starring Charlotte Rampling and Nichola Burley, the movie features exclusive performances from Diversity, Flawless and George Sampson.
du’s video on Demand service allows customers to browse through a catalogue of movies including Arabic cinema, Hollywood blockbusters, Bollywood movies and some of the most beloved classic movies.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- BAE Systems falls after UAE halts fighter talks
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires