HCE signs key accord with German chamber
Manama, December 29, 2010
Hilal Conferences and Exhibitions (HCE) has signed a three-year agreement with the German Arab Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Ghorfa) to exclusively promote Bahrain as a showcase for German companies through its events and exhibitions.
Under the terms of the agreement, Ghorfa will promote Bahrain through roadshows, conferences and trade fairs throughout Germany.
Ghorfa will also lead a major German representation at HCE's flagship exhibitions in Bahrain next year, which include the fourth Gulf Industry Fair from February 8 to 10 at the Bahrain International Exhibition and Convention Centre and the sixth gulfBID and second gulfINTERIORS exhibitions from April 26 to 28.
Gulf Industry Fair 2012 will also feature a Made in Germany pavilion, promoted by Ghorfa.
Ghorfa has been providing strategic business links between Germany and 22 Arab countries for more than 30 years, helping organise business trips for and facilitating contacts and information exchange between German and Arab business people, and participating in trade fairs and hosting conferences on topics of mutual interest to both regions.
The Ghorfa-HCE agreement comes as German manufacturing exports continue to buck European Union trends, growing nine per cent in the last quarter.
'Our strategic agreement with HCE is an exciting venture for Ghorfa as we are convinced of the value proposition that Bahrain and HCE have to offer to German companies,' said Ghorfa secretary-general Abdulaziz Al Mikhlafi.
'Working with Ghorfa means exhibitors and visitors attending HCE's exhibitions from the Northern Gulf will meet German companies renowned for the precision and quality of their products,' added HCE managing director Jubran Abdulrahman.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station