FINE in tree-planting drive
Dubai, January 3, 2011
FINE, the market leader in the region's hygienic paper industry and part of the Nuqul Group, recently planted several trees at its factory in Dubai in support of Emirates Environmental Group’s (EEG) ‘Million Tree’ campaign.
“Environmental awareness is an integral part of FINE’s corporate values. The company uses only virgin pulp acquired from well-managed forests that implement effective re-forestation programs. It also packs tissues in cardboard boxes made from recycled material,” said Peter Janho, chief area officer - API region, FINE Hygienic Paper.
FINE’s tree planting was held to support the environmental vision of Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai. Sheikh Mohammed launched the One Million Tree Campaign in Dubai in 2010 and planted the first tree under the program at the main square of the Dubai Police Academy.
Since the launch of the campaign four years ago, Emirates Environmental Group has planted more than two million trees all over the UAE.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head