Oman Air names hotel, catering chief
Muscat, January 3, 2011
Oman Air, the national airline of Oman, recently appointed Richard Hodges as chief officer – hotels & catering.
Hodges, with over 30 years of experience in the hotel and catering industry, brings with him entrenched expertise in hotels and in-flight catering, a statement said.
“I am thrilled to join Oman Air and take on this immense and rewarding challenge which lies ahead of me,” Hodges said.
“Oman Air is in a phase where the leisure and hospitality sector is poised for a symbiotic growth. As the airline is expanding its wings further afield, and the awareness on Oman is reaching across to a global audience, I am sure this can be translated into fruitful business ventures, with the support and guidance from Oman Air’s management team and the board of directors,” he added.
Hodges has, and has over the years held many international and corporate operating positions. Some of his former appointments include: vice president of business development of Regal Hotels International, general manager of Regal Airport Hotel in Hong Kong, and vice president of hotel projects in San Diego, California. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals
- US, Chinese warships narrowly avoid collision
- Gulf Air backs UN 'MY World' survey
- South Korean group in $1.1bn Iraq jet deal