Oman Air names hotel, catering chief
Muscat, January 3, 2011
Oman Air, the national airline of Oman, recently appointed Richard Hodges as chief officer – hotels & catering.
Hodges, with over 30 years of experience in the hotel and catering industry, brings with him entrenched expertise in hotels and in-flight catering, a statement said.
“I am thrilled to join Oman Air and take on this immense and rewarding challenge which lies ahead of me,” Hodges said.
“Oman Air is in a phase where the leisure and hospitality sector is poised for a symbiotic growth. As the airline is expanding its wings further afield, and the awareness on Oman is reaching across to a global audience, I am sure this can be translated into fruitful business ventures, with the support and guidance from Oman Air’s management team and the board of directors,” he added.
Hodges has, and has over the years held many international and corporate operating positions. Some of his former appointments include: vice president of business development of Regal Hotels International, general manager of Regal Airport Hotel in Hong Kong, and vice president of hotel projects in San Diego, California. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Egypt gathers 2.7 mln tonnes wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan