RAK Ceramics gets environmental certificate
Dubai, January 4, 2011
RAK Ceramics, the world's largest ceramic tiles & sanitaryware manufacturing company, was recently awarded the Environmental Performance Certificate (EPC) by the UAE Ministry of Environment and Water.
The EPC seeks to encourage businesses to support efforts to protect the environment and reduce pollution.
'The EPC will surely promote greater environmental accountability within the entire RAK Ceramics organisation and reinforce the company's reputation as a leading environmental advocate,' stated Dr Khater Massaad, chief executive, RAK Ceramics.
The EPC is awarded based on the review of the environmental permit obtained; health, safety and environment (HSE); the implementation of cleaner production, monitoring and control of gaseous emissions and particulate matters; management of chemical substances, and integrated management of solid, non-hazardous and hazardous wastes; treatment and reuse of domestic and industrial wastewaters; and noise, odour hazard, and nuisance control.
RAK Ceramics has also been recently conferred the SuperBrand 2010 Award.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm