16-day food fest opens in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, February 3, 2011
The 2011 edition of Gourmet Abu Dhabi, the annual 16 day culinary festival, opened at the Fairmont Bab Al Bahr.
Sheikh Sultan Bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan, chairman of Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTA), opened the event, flanked by ‘stars’ from the festival’s masterchef cast.
Celebrity chef James Martin said he was really impressed with the UAE capital and was looking forward to making a stop at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi after his one-night-only dinner at the Crowne Plaza Yas Island.
This year’s festival, which runs until February 17, features 57 events across 29 restaurants in 14 of the emirate’s leading hotels with a cast of 17 international masterchefs with 22 Michelin stars and three Chef’s Hats between them.
Around 8,000 guests are expected to attend, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Abu Dhabi chosen for incentive by Openwork
- Talabat online deliveries hit record 3m
- Bahrain’s food usage rate to top CAGR of 2pc
- Jotun launches coatings for home products
- Home security sales surging in Bahrain
- Gulf naval drill highlights mine risk to shipping
- Panasonic donates solar lights to kenya village
- UAE designer hosts fashion show in Bahrain
- Emirates inks PSG shirt sponsorship deal
- UAE’s coffee champ eyes World Barista trophy