16-day food fest opens in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, February 3, 2011
The 2011 edition of Gourmet Abu Dhabi, the annual 16 day culinary festival, opened at the Fairmont Bab Al Bahr.
Sheikh Sultan Bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan, chairman of Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTA), opened the event, flanked by ‘stars’ from the festival’s masterchef cast.
Celebrity chef James Martin said he was really impressed with the UAE capital and was looking forward to making a stop at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi after his one-night-only dinner at the Crowne Plaza Yas Island.
This year’s festival, which runs until February 17, features 57 events across 29 restaurants in 14 of the emirate’s leading hotels with a cast of 17 international masterchefs with 22 Michelin stars and three Chef’s Hats between them.
Around 8,000 guests are expected to attend, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon
- DuPont in sustainability goals success
- Abu Dhabi Police, Royal Jet ink agreement
- Jotun opens warehouse in Dammam
- RAK Ceramics deploys top SAP software
- GCAA warns on helium balloon dangers
- Top pizza chain plans big UAE investment
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to clinch key deal