DSF to feature 10-day fashion event
Dubai, February 7, 2011
The ongoing Dubai Shopping Festival (DSF) will present a 10-day fashion event featuring catwalk shows, a fashion bazaar, and a fashionista competition.
Fashion designers from the UAE and across the Middle East region will showcase their talent during Creations, running from February 10 to 20.
This year, Creations, which took to the stage in 2003, will be packed with many more surprises and activities, a statement said.
The DSF fashion extravaganza was conceived as a platform for talented amateur fashion designers from the UAE and the entire region to showcase their work in Dubai alongside international fashion designers from around the world.
Set to display the best in creativity and style, Creations will stage catwalk shows by amateur as well as established designers, allowing creativity, designs and styles to take centre stage.
The shows will be held at the Fashion Catwalk at The Dubai Mall on weekends, with three shows at 7 pm, 8 pm and 9 pm, from February 10 to 12 and 17 to 19.
Meanwhile, Fashion Bazaar, a conglomeration of 14 kiosks displaying and selling clothing lines by all participating designers, will be held daily at the mall.
The venue also acts as a retail platform with an interesting mix of clothing lines and fashion accessories. Visitors can not only have a preview of their collections but would also be able to buy them at the Bazaar.
The event will also feature Creations Fashionista, where the most fashionably dressed person of the evening will walk away with the ‘Creations Fashionista of the Day’ title along with prizes and goody bags.
The winner’s photograph also gets uploaded on the Dubai Events Facebook.
The first day of Creations opens with a special announcement where visitors get a chance to win two tickets for the Amy Winehouse show – a DSF concert to be held on February 11 at the Dubai Festival Centre – besides walking away with a number of gifts and exclusive giveaways.
A number of giveaways and fabulous prizes will be distributed all week long during the Fashion Bazaar as well as the weekend catwalk shows, the statement said.
The 16th edition of Dubai Shopping Festival, which kicked off on January 20, will end on February 20 after a 30-day run. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’
- China firm wins solar power project in Amman
- 15,000 attend Bahrain garden show
- Omani firms shine at top food expo