MBC to air episodes of 'IF'
Dubai, February 10, 2011
Middle East broadcaster MBC will air original episodes of 'IF' show following a deal with Banijay International.
The show will be produced locally by In Media Plus.
'IF' confronts its star guests with a series of rapid-fire questions and hypothetical scenarios to test their moral reactions. In the hot seat in front of a live studio audience, laughter erupts and tears flow as 'IF' dares celebrities to allow viewers to get to know them in a new and intimate way.
Announcing the deal, Karoline Spodsberg, managing director of Banijay International, said: "This high-volume sale is another example of Banijay International’s focus on the Middle East as an important format market.”
The sale, brokered by Jonathan Tuovinen, head of sales covering the Middle East region, represents a re-launch for 'IF' in the Middle East. It was originally developed by the Banijay owned company Nordisk Film TV in Denmark, and has been adapted in several other international markets including France, where it recently enjoyed a successful run on TF1.
Banijay International also recently licensed the game show format The People’s Quiz to MBC, while Taratata will soon enter its fifth season on Abu Dhabi TV.
Banijay International is the owner of a wide portfolio of programming rights, originating both from within the Banijay Group companies as well as the very best third party properties. - TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head