MBC to air episodes of 'IF'
Dubai, February 10, 2011
Middle East broadcaster MBC will air original episodes of 'IF' show following a deal with Banijay International.
The show will be produced locally by In Media Plus.
'IF' confronts its star guests with a series of rapid-fire questions and hypothetical scenarios to test their moral reactions. In the hot seat in front of a live studio audience, laughter erupts and tears flow as 'IF' dares celebrities to allow viewers to get to know them in a new and intimate way.
Announcing the deal, Karoline Spodsberg, managing director of Banijay International, said: "This high-volume sale is another example of Banijay International’s focus on the Middle East as an important format market.”
The sale, brokered by Jonathan Tuovinen, head of sales covering the Middle East region, represents a re-launch for 'IF' in the Middle East. It was originally developed by the Banijay owned company Nordisk Film TV in Denmark, and has been adapted in several other international markets including France, where it recently enjoyed a successful run on TF1.
Banijay International also recently licensed the game show format The People’s Quiz to MBC, while Taratata will soon enter its fifth season on Abu Dhabi TV.
Banijay International is the owner of a wide portfolio of programming rights, originating both from within the Banijay Group companies as well as the very best third party properties. - TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Clerics demand death for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’
- China firm wins solar power project in Amman
- 15,000 attend Bahrain garden show
- Omani firms shine at top food expo
- Bahrain to set up national food company
- Dozens hurt in gas leak at plant near Doha