Fire safety codes to come under spotlight
Dubai, February 23, 2011
Fire safety standards within the Mena region based on codes developed by the US-based National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) will come be the focus at an upcoming summit in Doha.
Organised by International Quality and Productivity Center (IQPC), Fire Safety Mena 2011 will take place from April 3 to 6 at the Oryx Rotana in Doha.
A recent survey conducted by IQPC has revealed that 85 per cent of the respondents cited the NFPA codes as being the most influential fire safety standards throughout the Mena region.
Sumir Pattoo a senior fire protection engineer at Saudi Aramco, who will address the origin and application of fire codes at the summit, said: “They [NFPA codes] are extensive in covering a huge range of elements both within aspects of fire protection and fire prevention. These codes have requirements which are based on concrete research.”
The NFPA will be facilitating an accredited technical training course at Fire Safety Mena 2011. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm
- Bahrain celebrates Women’s Day