DP World hosts employee's art show
Dubai, February 27, 2011
DP World, one of the largest marine terminal operators in the world, organised an art exhibition that features work by one of its creative employees, Farid Mohammed Al Rais, at its headquarters in Jebel Ali.
Farid, a senior officer - quality, in the UAE region’s Strategic Planning and Business Support Department, showcased his paintings and announced he will donate 10 per cent of the proceeds from the sale, to children with special needs.
“Our support for our employees is not limited to professional training and development but goes further to encourage their personal as well as their professional goals and talent. We want to empower our employees to flourish both professionally and in our community,” stated Mohammed Al Muallem, senior vice president and managing director, DP World, UAE Region.
27-year-old Farid has participated in more than 11 group shows in Dubai and Abu Dhabi since 2008. His works were chosen from among 350 entries made in Sheikha Manal’s Young Artist Award in 2010. In 1998 he won the top prize for young artists from the Ministry of Education at the local Dubai level and went on to win the second prize at the national UAE level. Four of his pieces of art are owned by Burj Khalifa.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals