Sheikh Mohammed to present top award
Dubai, March 13, 2011
Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai will present awards to the winners of the Zayed International Prize for the Environment 2011 tomorrow (March 14).
The event will be held at the Rashid Hall of the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre.
The winners share $1 million in prize money.
A statement from the award committee said that the jury decided that the achievements of the prize winners fulfill the objectives of the Zayed Prize, in line with the philosophy of the late Sheikh Zayed and the vision of Sheikh Mohammed, the founder and patron.
The award ceremony will be attended by environment ministers from different parts of the world, heads of regional and international organisations and VIPs. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan