Sheikh Mohammed to present top award
Dubai, March 13, 2011
Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai will present awards to the winners of the Zayed International Prize for the Environment 2011 tomorrow (March 14).
The event will be held at the Rashid Hall of the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre.
The winners share $1 million in prize money.
A statement from the award committee said that the jury decided that the achievements of the prize winners fulfill the objectives of the Zayed Prize, in line with the philosophy of the late Sheikh Zayed and the vision of Sheikh Mohammed, the founder and patron.
The award ceremony will be attended by environment ministers from different parts of the world, heads of regional and international organisations and VIPs. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals
- US, Chinese warships narrowly avoid collision
- Gulf Air backs UN 'MY World' survey