Man dies in Manama attack
Manama, March 14, 2011
One person was killed and another was fighting for life last night after allegedly being attacked by youths in Manama.
Pakistani Abdul Malik, 30, was on his way to buy food when he was fatally attacked at around 7.30pm. Pakistan Embassy charge d'affaires Aurangzeb confirmed the death.
Bangladeshi worker Ameer Hamza is critical with a broken skull following the attack near Adhari Hotel. He was attacked by youths armed with wooden planks and sticks.
Two other Bangladeshi workers, who tried to rescue their colleague, were stabbed. In a separate incident, four Pakistanis sustained stab wounds after confrontation with an armed youth in Naim.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain firm to set up virtual fantasy world
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced