Man dies in Manama attack
Manama, March 14, 2011
One person was killed and another was fighting for life last night after allegedly being attacked by youths in Manama.
Pakistani Abdul Malik, 30, was on his way to buy food when he was fatally attacked at around 7.30pm. Pakistan Embassy charge d'affaires Aurangzeb confirmed the death.
Bangladeshi worker Ameer Hamza is critical with a broken skull following the attack near Adhari Hotel. He was attacked by youths armed with wooden planks and sticks.
Two other Bangladeshi workers, who tried to rescue their colleague, were stabbed. In a separate incident, four Pakistanis sustained stab wounds after confrontation with an armed youth in Naim.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm