Al Rabie launches new soya drink
Jeddah, March 15, 2011
Al Rabie Saudi Foods, the largest juice manufacturer in the Middle East, recently launched Al Rabie Joya, a new soya drink, aiming to offer healthy options in beverages.
“It is our mission to set a benchmark in food quality and help cultivate a greater sense of responsibility among food manufacturers to offer products that are genuinely healthy,” said Dr Mona Sanan, consultant for heath & nutrition services.
She was speaking at a presentation titled ‘Soya food: Potential biological effects and its relevance to human health’, for the medical and paramedical staff at the hospital seminar at the Kingdom Hospital in Riyadh recently.
“Nutritional foods are a fundamental concern in any society. We believe that people must have easy access to nutritious food products to meet their dietary needs.”
“Consuming soya foods is beneficial in numerous ways. Soya contains the plant protein that supports bone formation and minimizes bone loss preventing the risk of osteoporosis. Epidemiological studies suggest that consumption of soya foods is associated with reduced risk of cardiovascular disease,” she concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan