Royal Jordanian, SITA ink desktop deal
Amman, March 15, 2011
Royal Jordanian (RJ), the national airline of Jordan, and aviation IT specialist SITA have signed an agreement for a fully managed service for desktops, printers, servers and infrastructure for five years.
The deal covers desktop remote support and equipment for 56 out-stations which includes software support and more than 500 new PCs and 18 servers for major offices. In addition to on-site maintenance support, there will be a SITA-operated helpdesk in Amman available 24/7, a statement said.
“This enlargement of SITA’s support for our route network of 58 destinations is essential to maintaining our position as the Middle East’s leading airline and to enhance our standing as a member of the oneworld alliance,” said Hussein Dabbas, CEO, Royal Jordanian.
“It strengthens our relationship with SITA as we have also introduced SITA’s fare pricing software, Airfare Insight,” he added.
Hani El Assaad, SITA regional vice president Middle East and North Africa, said: “Following the successful deployment of Airfare Insight SITA is now looking forward to ensuring that the desktop backbone of Royal Jordanian serves the airline well and supports its annual growth rate of 10 per cent.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- BAE Systems falls after UAE halts fighter talks
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires