Tupperware to aid Japan quake victims
New York, March 19, 2011
Tupperware Brands Corporation, a portfolio of global direct selling companies, has announced a four-pronged relief programme for the victims of recent earthquake and tsunami in Japan.
The programme consists of:
• A donation of $2.6 million in Tupperware products via “Aid Packs” that will be used to help in the collection, storage and use of food, water and valuables. These products will be distributed by Tupperware sales force members, their families and customers to help survivors living in emergency accommodations or seriously damaged homes.
• A contribution of $400,000 to an Emergency Relief Fund to assist Tupperware and NaturCare Sales Force Members who have been severely impacted. The fund will be used to help them and their families rebuild their homes and livelihoods.
• The creation of a program to harness individual contributions from Tupperware Brands associates, sales force members and customers through a secure online giving webpage. The program will be established via a link to Save the Children, a global network of 29 organizations dedicated to helping children in the areas hardest hit by the earthquake and tsunami.
• The harnessing of social media tools to foster dialogue, encourage information sharing and establish person-to-person links between global citizens and Tupperware Brands associates, sales sorce members and customers in Japan.
“The devastation that has stricken Japan has affected everyone around the world, including those of us at Tupperware, though we are fortunate and grateful to report that as of today, none of our Tupperware distributors, managers or NaturCare sales directors has lost their lives. However, we are concerned about the many Sales Force members who remain unaccounted for,” said Rick Goings, Tupperware Brands Corporation chairman and CEO.
“At a time when all of us are experiencing an overwhelming feeling of helplessness, we felt compelled to demonstrate our support and offer assistance,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- 125 exhibitors for Sharjah halal expo
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon
- DuPont in sustainability goals success