RAK Ceramics launches design award
Dubai, March 20, 2011
RAK Ceramics, the world's largest ceramic tiles & sanitaryware manufacturing company, has launched the RAK Ceramics Design Award 2011, to honour the best tile design concept and its creators.
The competition is open to budding designers who are students of ceramics art, architecture and interior design in the UAE.
The theme for the award – which is open till March 31, – is a presentation of wall/floor design (matching wall and floor) inclusive of related decoration such as décor tiles, borders and listellos. The top three winning entries will be rewarded with attractive cash prizes, in addition to significant media publicity. Further, RAK Ceramics has revealed that the winning designs may also be used in the company’s new range of tiles that will be launched later this year.
“The RAK Ceramics Design Award aims to encourage budding creative talents in the UAE. The key tenet of this award is to reward architecture and interior design students who can best depict the versatility and innovation of ceramic tiles made in the UAE, which are known for their perfect blend of heritage and contemporary outlook, attributes that also perfectly sum up the country’s style of architecture,” said Abdulla Mahmood, head - Marketing and Corporate Communications, RAK Ceramics.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Saudi firm delays Sudan deal over dollar curbs
- Saudi dairy approves $26m dividends
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Abu Dhabi chosen for incentive by Openwork
- Talabat online deliveries hit record 3m
- Bahrain’s food usage rate to top CAGR of 2pc
- Jotun launches coatings for home products
- Home security sales surging in Bahrain
- Gulf naval drill highlights mine risk to shipping
- Panasonic donates solar lights to kenya village