RAK Ceramics launches design award
Dubai, March 20, 2011
RAK Ceramics, the world's largest ceramic tiles & sanitaryware manufacturing company, has launched the RAK Ceramics Design Award 2011, to honour the best tile design concept and its creators.
The competition is open to budding designers who are students of ceramics art, architecture and interior design in the UAE.
The theme for the award – which is open till March 31, – is a presentation of wall/floor design (matching wall and floor) inclusive of related decoration such as décor tiles, borders and listellos. The top three winning entries will be rewarded with attractive cash prizes, in addition to significant media publicity. Further, RAK Ceramics has revealed that the winning designs may also be used in the company’s new range of tiles that will be launched later this year.
“The RAK Ceramics Design Award aims to encourage budding creative talents in the UAE. The key tenet of this award is to reward architecture and interior design students who can best depict the versatility and innovation of ceramic tiles made in the UAE, which are known for their perfect blend of heritage and contemporary outlook, attributes that also perfectly sum up the country’s style of architecture,” said Abdulla Mahmood, head - Marketing and Corporate Communications, RAK Ceramics.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm
- Bahrain celebrates Women’s Day
- US Navy plans expansion in Bahrain