The Galleries to observe Earth Hour this weekend
Dubai, March 23, 2011
Limitless, a Dubai World company and a real estate major, will take Earth Hour 55 steps further this weekend by turning off hundreds of lights at its mixed-use development The Galleries, from Thursday to Sunday.
The Galleries’ giant digital screens and more than 600 lights at the development will be off for 56 hours from 11pm on Thursday until 7am on Sunday as part of Limitless’ commitment to energy conservation and environmental sustainability. The company is also encouraging commercial and retail tenants at The Galleries to take part by closing down lights in their individual offices and shops.
“This the third year that Limitless and The Galleries have supported Earth Hour but this time we are going much further than the traditional 60 minute shut-down by stretching it over the entire weekend. And we will use our 56 hour – or 3,360 minute – initiative to explore turning off lights every weekend in the future, when circumstances allow,” stated Bahaa Abouhatab, project director at The Galleries.
The Galleries at Downtown Jebel uses low-energy lights throughout its buildings and its 215,000 sq ft landscaped plaza.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan
- Interface showcases new collection
- Saudi woman director wins top GFF award
- Bahrain food firms gear up for Ramadan
- Bahrain police recover 800 firebombs
- Raytheon to ink $2.1bn Oman arms deal
- Saudi firm delays Sudan deal over dollar curbs