Hizbollah 'involved in GCC terror plot'
Manama, March 25, 2011
Bahrain has evidence that Hizbollah is involved in fomenting dissension and supporting a terror plan targeting the safety and security of the kingdom and other GCC countries, the Foreign Minister said.
Shaikh Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifa stressed Bahrain's right to refer the issue to international parties should terrorist groups continue with their subversive designs against the kingdom.
Measures taken against Lebanon are not meant to punish Lebanese people but aimed at maintaining safety in Bahrain and GCC countries, he told Al Arabiya TV channel, denying any political crisis with the Lebanese government.
Bahrain had to take some measures to confront direct threats and instigation of conflicts and strife in the kingdom and GCC countries, he said.
Bahrain submitted a memorandum in this regard to the Lebanese government, which is the legitimate authority, Shaikh Khalid said.
The Lebanese community which has lived in Bahrain for many years is considered part of this country, but other groups frequently travel between the countries with an agenda to carry out conspiracies and action will be taken against this category, he said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack