Hizbollah 'involved in GCC terror plot'
Manama, March 25, 2011
Bahrain has evidence that Hizbollah is involved in fomenting dissension and supporting a terror plan targeting the safety and security of the kingdom and other GCC countries, the Foreign Minister said.
Shaikh Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifa stressed Bahrain's right to refer the issue to international parties should terrorist groups continue with their subversive designs against the kingdom.
Measures taken against Lebanon are not meant to punish Lebanese people but aimed at maintaining safety in Bahrain and GCC countries, he told Al Arabiya TV channel, denying any political crisis with the Lebanese government.
Bahrain had to take some measures to confront direct threats and instigation of conflicts and strife in the kingdom and GCC countries, he said.
Bahrain submitted a memorandum in this regard to the Lebanese government, which is the legitimate authority, Shaikh Khalid said.
The Lebanese community which has lived in Bahrain for many years is considered part of this country, but other groups frequently travel between the countries with an agenda to carry out conspiracies and action will be taken against this category, he said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon
- DuPont in sustainability goals success
- Abu Dhabi Police, Royal Jet ink agreement
- Jotun opens warehouse in Dammam