RAK Ceramics extends deadline for award
Ras Al Khaimah, March 28, 2011
RAK Ceramics, the leading ceramic tiles and bath ware manufacturer, has extended the deadline of RAK Ceramics Design Award 2011, which honours the best tile and bathware concept designs and its creators to April 30.
The theme for the competition is a presentation of wall/floor design (matching wall and floor) inclusive of related decoration such as décor tiles, borders and listellos.
The top three winning entries will be rewarded with attractive cash prizes, in addition to significant media publicity. RAK Ceramics has revealed that the winning designs may also be used in the company’s new range of tiles that will be launched later this year.
Abdulla Mahmood, head - marketing and corporate communications, RAK Ceramics, said: “The interest generated by the Design Award 2011 has been overwhelming so far, and we have extended the deadline owing to requests from colleges and students.”
“The key tenet of this award is to reward architecture and interior design students who can best depict the versatility and innovation of ceramic tiles made in the UAE, which are known for their perfect blend of heritage and contemporary outlook, attributes that also perfectly sum up the country’s style of architecture,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Wadi makes splash in booming MICE market
- Alba donates aid to Bahrain’s elderly
- Ethiopia, Egypt tone down talk of war over Nile dam
- Tougher food marketing needed to cut obesity: WHO
- Playnation to host Hip Hop contest
- Bahrain alerts on waste food during Ramadan
- BAS wins hospital catering contract
- Metito announces big global expansion, mulls IPO
- Saudi AAGH group tops Forbes ranking
- GCC ‘stepping up security co-operation’