NYIT discusses women’s role in political change
Amman, March 28, 2011
Amman - New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) held a panel for distinguished female politicians and social activists, discussing Arab women’s role in the recent political events unfolding in the region.
Several renowned social researchers and notable Jordanian, female executives participated in the panel supervised by Jordanian Senator Dr Amal El Farhan and NYIT’s Dr Jacqueline Taylor Basker.
The event was attended by the first women Attorney General in Jordan, Ihsan Barakat, Jordanian attorney and NEH Fellow at ACOR, Reem Abu Hassan Obeidat, and Fida Adely, professor of Arab Studies at Georgetown University.
Adely presented her research on the Jordanian society’s diversified views on social issues such as marriage, education, work, and family.
Dr Taylor exhibited artwork of women artists who participated in the International Symposium of Art during a previous Jordan Festival, which was directed by the Jordanian artist Hilda Hiary. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Saudi firm delays Sudan deal over dollar curbs
- Saudi dairy approves $26m dividends
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Abu Dhabi chosen for incentive by Openwork
- Talabat online deliveries hit record 3m
- Bahrain’s food usage rate to top CAGR of 2pc
- Jotun launches coatings for home products
- Home security sales surging in Bahrain
- Gulf naval drill highlights mine risk to shipping
- Panasonic donates solar lights to kenya village