Emirates Post issues stamp to mark expo
Abu Dhabi, March 29, 2011
Emirates Post, the official postal service of UAE, has issued a special stamp in the denomination of 150 fils ($0.40), along with a first day cover, to mark the hosting of the 17th GCC stamp exhibition Abu Dhabi 2011.
The new stamps will be available at all post offices from the first day of the show, April 4, a statement said.
The GCC stamp exhibition is being organised by Emirates Post in coordination with the Emirates Philatelic Association from April 4 to 9 at Marina Mall, Abu Dhabi, to showcase rare and valuable stamps and postal history.
The exhibition coincides with the 25th meeting of the Committee of Heads of GCC postal administrations, hosted by the UAE represented by Emirates Post Group in Abu Dhabi.
The meeting will discuss a range of postal topics in the GCC.
Abdullah Alashram, CEO of Emirates Post, said: “The organization of such exhibitions is a testament to the importance of cooperation between the postal administrations of GCC and developing a common strategy for promoting philately (stamp collecting) as an educational and entertaining hobby, especially among the youth and school children.”
The new stamp depicts the logo of exhibition, dominated by a falcon, a symbol of strength, with a strong contrast of the black and white against the strong background colours.
Background colors (red and green); along with the falcon’s colours (black and white) form the flag colours of the UAE. The background has been divided in a mosaic style to form the number 17. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals