Japan ‘guest country’ at Saudi expo
Riyadh, April 12, 2011
Japan will present an exhibition pavilion at an upcoming heritage and cultural festival in Riyadh, as the first guest country from Asia at the event.
The Saudi Arabia Heritage and Cultural Festival (Janadriyah Festival), organised by the Saudi Arabian National Guard, will be held from April 13 to 29.
Organised around the concept of "Cool! Japan for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia", the pavilion will present a comprehensive picture of the attraction of Japan, including exhibits by 12 top Japanese companies including Isuzu, Sony, Toyota, Nissan, and Panasonic, as well as the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, The Japan Foundation and Japan External Trade Organization.
The exhibits will feature advanced technologies related to water, the environment, energy, automobiles, digital home appliance, and other fields, as well as traditional culture such as swords and armors, and modern Japanese culture, including anime, games, fashion, that are popular worldwide, a statement said.
The Janadriyah 2011 Japan Pavilion provides a space where anyone can easily see, hear, and feel the appeal of Japan, it added.
Beginning from 2008, one "guest country" from outside the Gulf states has been invited to be the centrepiece of the Janadriyah Festival. Previous guest countries were Turkey in 2008, Russia in 2009, and France in 2010. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon
- DuPont in sustainability goals success
- Abu Dhabi Police, Royal Jet ink agreement
- Jotun opens warehouse in Dammam