Masdar backs Dubai energy forum
Abu Dhabi, April 16, 2011
Abu Dhabi-based Masdar, a top sustainable energy initiative, has signed up as a sponsor of the first the Dubai Global Energy Forum (DGEF) 2011, which opens in Dubai on Sunday.
DGEF will run until April 19 at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre.
The event will feature a forum titled ‘Energy challenges and opportunities - sustainable future’, which aims to provide a platform for energy leaders and experts to exchange views on emerging regional and global issues related to energy policies, programmes, technologies and investment opportunities.
“This is a significant initiative by Dubai’s Supreme Council of Energy, and we are proud to be a part of it. We believe the Forum will help raise the international profile of the UAE and illustrate the country’s growing contribution to the global future energy debate,” said Dr Sultan Al Jaber, chief executive officer and managing director of Masdar.
“We commend Dubai for holding such a gathering. Masdar is particularly pleased to have the opportunity to contribute to the forum as it complements our efforts in addressing the energy and climate change challenge.”
“We aim to share our experience in this arena and highlight the progress we have made over the past five years throughout the renewable energy and clean technology value chains,” Dr Al Jaber concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan
- Interface showcases new collection
- Saudi woman director wins top GFF award
- Bahrain food firms gear up for Ramadan
- Bahrain police recover 800 firebombs
- Raytheon to ink $2.1bn Oman arms deal
- Saudi firm delays Sudan deal over dollar curbs
- Saudi dairy approves $26m dividends
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants