Bahrain expo to showcase sanitary project
Manama, April 18, 2011
The environmental and health aspects of a major strategic sanitary engineering project will be highlighted at an exhibition opening tomorrow (April 19) in Muharraq, Bahrain.
Organised by Bahrain’s Ministry of Works, Ministry of Finance and Economic Development Board, in coordination with Muharraq Municipal Council, the two-day exhibition is to take place at the Muharraq Municipality Building.
The project includes the construction of a new sewage treatment plant (STP) located to the north of Sheikh Khalifa Bin Salman Port and construction of a deep gravity sewer (DGS) trunk main from Busaiteen through Arad to the new STP in Hidd Industrial Area, a statement said.
Construction of the plant is expected to complete by August 2013, and will be operational for 25 years, it added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to clinch key deal
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence