RAK Ceramics wins CSR award
Dubai, April 19, 2011
RAK Ceramics, the world's largest ceramic tiles and bathware manufacturer, was recently awarded the ‘CSR Company of the Year’ award at a major business summit in Dubai.
The company was recognised for its long-term commitment to various environmental and social causes at the second Middle East Business Leaders Summit & Awards (MEBLSA) at the Armani Hotel.
In the same event, Dr Khater Massaad, CEO of RAK Ceramics, was recognised as Masterclass Global CEO.
“The recognition I received is testament to the dedication and efforts of the entire team at RAK Ceramics, and I believe that it is their ongoing contribution that has enabled us to sustain our status as the world’s largest ceramics tiles manufacturer,” said Dr Massaad.
“On the other hand, for a company which incorporates CSR as an integral part of its business strategy, winning the ‘CSR Company of the Year’ award underlines our strong commitment to enhance the quality of life and be of service to various causes and social groups in Ras Al Khaimah and the rest of the UAE.”
RAK Ceramics has invested aggressively to introduce products that are friendly to the environment, while it has also implemented energy-efficient technologies and techniques and has adopted recycling, reuse and waste management systems to further enhance the sustainable upkeep of its facilities, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station