Jafza backs tree planting initiative
Dubai, April 27, 2011
Jafza extended support to Honda Gulf’s tree plantation initiative held recently at the automotive company’s facilities in the free zone.
500 saplings were planted as part of this initiative, which is one in a series of CSR activities planned by Honda this year. Last month Economic Zones World, Jafza’s parent company, had organised a similar activity. Officials and employees from Economic Zones World, Honda Gulf and other companies in the free zone participated in the drive.
“Economic Zones World remains committed to sustainable operations by establishing a strong link between its business strategy and CSR strategy. This entails good corporate governance, an enhanced workplace and marketplace, environmental protection and community outreach activities,” said Dr Hamad Al Hashemi, MD, DIT & SVP, Corporate Communications, EZW.
Jafza has been steadily energising its green efforts and recent activities include recycling campaigns, ‘think green’ circulars, and various other activities for World Environment Day, Earth Hour, Earth Day and Clean Up UAE among others.
Economic Zones World has over the years increased its sustainable logistics developments globally providing not just environmentally friendly facilities but also operating cost savings to its customers.
Honda Gulf, part of the Jafza community since 1994, has a 30,000 sq ft facility in the free zone which serves as the GCC headquarters for its spare parts operations in the region.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Egypt food subsidy bill to total $4.3bn this year
- Entrepreneurship festival targets SMEs
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting