Jafza backs tree planting initiative
Dubai, April 27, 2011
Jafza extended support to Honda Gulf’s tree plantation initiative held recently at the automotive company’s facilities in the free zone.
500 saplings were planted as part of this initiative, which is one in a series of CSR activities planned by Honda this year. Last month Economic Zones World, Jafza’s parent company, had organised a similar activity. Officials and employees from Economic Zones World, Honda Gulf and other companies in the free zone participated in the drive.
“Economic Zones World remains committed to sustainable operations by establishing a strong link between its business strategy and CSR strategy. This entails good corporate governance, an enhanced workplace and marketplace, environmental protection and community outreach activities,” said Dr Hamad Al Hashemi, MD, DIT & SVP, Corporate Communications, EZW.
Jafza has been steadily energising its green efforts and recent activities include recycling campaigns, ‘think green’ circulars, and various other activities for World Environment Day, Earth Hour, Earth Day and Clean Up UAE among others.
Economic Zones World has over the years increased its sustainable logistics developments globally providing not just environmentally friendly facilities but also operating cost savings to its customers.
Honda Gulf, part of the Jafza community since 1994, has a 30,000 sq ft facility in the free zone which serves as the GCC headquarters for its spare parts operations in the region.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan