Alba backs environmental drive
Manama, April 28, 2011
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), one of the largest aluminium smelters in the world, recently took part in a drive to transform a barren land near a school in Bahrain into a lush garden.
Alba’s health, safety & environment department was commended for this environmental initiative by the Asker School at a ceremony during which the Alba chief executive Laurent Schmitt was presented with a certificate by the principal of Asker School, Ebrahim Qassim Al Ghanem.
The team from Alba spent a few weeks in landscaping the barren land, creating a vegetable patch as well as planting assorted flower beds and a variety of trees.
“Alba recognises the need to spread the environmental message across Bahrain in tangible ways since actions speak louder than words,” said Schmitt.
“The support extended to Asker School is of special significance since it is located not far from Alba, and gives us the opportunity to continue extending our corporate social responsibility initiatives to those in our neighbourhood,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Jotun launches coatings for home products
- Home security sales surging in Bahrain
- Gulf naval drill highlights mine risk to shipping
- Panasonic donates solar lights to kenya village
- UAE designer hosts fashion show in Bahrain
- Emirates inks PSG shirt sponsorship deal
- UAE’s coffee champ eyes World Barista trophy
- Sanjeev Kapoor captivates Treat visitors
- Sudan firm to export animal feed to Gulf
- Arrest of Saudi with pressure cooker 'overzealous'