Bahrain newspaper to close down
Manama, May 3, 2011
The board of Bahrain's Al Wasat newspaper has decided to close down the daily from Sunday, it was revealed last night.
The move follows reports of enormous revenue losses over the last month, with no sign of improvement, said a report in the Gulf Daily News.
According to a reliable source within the newspaper, some shareholders recommended a three-month waiting period in case market trends changed. However, “the radical wing of the board insisted a closure as they were not prepared to suffer more losses."
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Saudi firm delays Sudan deal over dollar curbs
- Saudi dairy approves $26m dividends
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Abu Dhabi chosen for incentive by Openwork
- Talabat online deliveries hit record 3m
- Bahrain’s food usage rate to top CAGR of 2pc
- Jotun launches coatings for home products
- Home security sales surging in Bahrain
- Gulf naval drill highlights mine risk to shipping
- Panasonic donates solar lights to kenya village