Bahrain newspaper to close down
Manama, May 3, 2011
The board of Bahrain's Al Wasat newspaper has decided to close down the daily from Sunday, it was revealed last night.
The move follows reports of enormous revenue losses over the last month, with no sign of improvement, said a report in the Gulf Daily News.
According to a reliable source within the newspaper, some shareholders recommended a three-month waiting period in case market trends changed. However, “the radical wing of the board insisted a closure as they were not prepared to suffer more losses."
More Miscellaneous Stories
- RJ, Jordan Society sign strategic deal
- 125 exhibitors for Sharjah halal expo
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon