Rak Ceramics eco drive targets children
Abu Dhabi, May 9, 2011
Rak Ceramics, a leading ceramic tiles and bathware company, has recently joined other corporate entities in the UAE to support an environmental awareness campaign in Abu Dhabi that targeted children.
The ‘Our Tomorrow’ initiative required each child involved in the project; from across the country, to paint their version of a greener Abu Dhabi on ceramic tiles, which was later assembled as a mural.
In line with its corporate social responsibility (CSR) efforts, Rak Ceramics donated around 15,000 pieces of 15x15 tiles, out of which more than 6,000 tiles were used by children to be painted on.
“Generating sufficient environmental awareness at the grassroots level is highly essential in creating a far-reaching impact in our collective efforts to protect the natural environment.
At Rak Ceramics, environment conservation forms an integral part of our broader CSR agenda, and supporting the ‘Our Tomorrow’ initiative was in line with this plan,” said Abdulla Mahmood, head-Marcom, Rak Ceramics. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan