Bahrain TV goes high-tech
Manama, May 10, 2011
Bahrain TV has gone high-tech, heralding a new era in television viewing. The Sport Channel has started a test broadcast, incorporating high-definition technology.
'The move is part of a development strategy to upgrade satellite broadcasting and keep pace with cutting-edge digital revolution,' Bahrain Radio and Television Corporation acting director Ali Al Rumaihi said.
He described the qualitative leap, which featured on the plans announced by Information Affairs Authority (IAA) president Shaikh Fawaz bin Mohammed Al Khalifa to promote Bahrain's official media.
The HD broadcast is part of IAA-led ambitious projects to promote Bahrain's media and be a part of global technological strides.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Gulf Air backs UN 'MY World' survey
- South Korean group in $1.1bn Iraq jet deal
- Northrop Grumman inks Saudi training deal
- RJ, Jordan Society sign strategic deal
- 125 exhibitors for Sharjah halal expo
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn