UAE satellite photographs Dubai airport
Dubai, May 17, 2011
The UAE-owned and operated earth observation satellite DubaiSat-1 recently acquired an image of Dubai International Airport from outer space.
Launched by the Emirates Institution for Advanced Science & Technology (Eiast) in July 2009, DubaiSat-1 has been transmitting satellite images of immense value to infrastructural development in the UAE, providing spatial information essential to decision-making on urban and rural planning, transport, utilities, mapping, and environmental conservation.
Its relatively high spatial resolution complements existing Geographic Information System (GIS) databases and enables more efficient monitoring and prediction of natural hazards such as sandstorms, observation and fog forecast, predicting sand storms, and identifying quality levels of water in the Gulf region.
The organisation is currently preparing for the launch of the UAE’s second remote sensing satellite, DubaiSat-2, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UK denies role in Bahrain’s security action
- Wadi makes splash in booming MICE market
- Alba donates aid to Bahrain’s elderly
- Ethiopia, Egypt tone down talk of war over Nile dam
- Tougher food marketing needed to cut obesity: WHO
- Playnation to host Hip Hop contest
- Bahrain alerts on waste food during Ramadan
- BAS wins hospital catering contract
- Metito announces big global expansion, mulls IPO
- Saudi AAGH group tops Forbes ranking