Energy reduction focus for green council meet
Dubai, May 25, 2011
The role of the building envelope in reducing energy demand will be on the agenda at the next meeting of the Emirates Green Building Council (Emirates GBC), which aims promote green building practices in the UAE.
Emirates GBC will host its monthly network event on May 30 at the Metropolitan Hotel in Dubai.
“The Emirates GBC networking events are today among the most-awaited platforms that highlight the concerns of the various stakeholders in promoting sustainable development initiatives,” said Adnan Sharafi, chairman, Emirates GBC.
“There are varied aspects to be considered in green building development, and continued dialogue and industry interaction are imperative to setting a common ground to accomplish the UAE’s vision for green building development.”
William Whistler, managing director of Green Building Solutions International will deliver a speech titled ‘We are building refrigerators inside ovens’ at the meeting.
“William Whistler is an expert in best practices for green building development, and his lecture will focus on one of the critical components in building sustainability – the components of the structural envelope. The external envelope of buildings can play a decisive role in driving energy use efficiency, and he will bring new insights on the topic at the networking session,” said Sharafi. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan
- Interface showcases new collection
- Saudi woman director wins top GFF award
- Bahrain food firms gear up for Ramadan