Axis unveils first PTZ dome camera
Dubai, May 25, 2011
Axis Communications, a market leader in network video, has introduced a unique PTZ dome camera that allows for a 360° panoramic view, and mechanically pan, tilt and zoom, for detailed HDTV-quality surveillance.
The indoor Axis P5544 PTZ Dome Network Camera is ideal for applications that require wide overview surveillance and sharp, zoomed-in views for identification purposes, such as at airports, train stations, logistics centers and shopping malls.
“Axis P5544 provides a complete 360° field of view over a 950 sq m (10,000 sq ft) area—about the size of three tennis courts, and can pan, tilt and zoom in 18 times to identify people some 150 m (490 ft) away,” stated Baraa Al Akkad, regional manager, Axis Communications Middle East.
“High image quality is maintained at all times, whether in 360° overview mode or in zoomed-in views. Axis P5544 provides security personnel and business owners with superb remote monitoring capabilities.”
Axis P5544 is built on Axis’ unique Panopsis technology, which allows the product to function as a full 360° overview camera with a wide-angle lens, and a fast dome camera with 360° pan, 180° tilt, 18x zoom and HDTV 720p video.
A special user interface, including a magnifying glass and configurable preset camera positions, has been developed to make it easy for users to view and click on any area of interest while in the 360° overview mode and for the camera to immediately pan, tilt and zoom in on the area of interest for closer HDTV views in normal mode. The use of two different lenses for different field of views means that image quality is maintained even when zooming in.
Due to its HDTV resolution, Axis P5544’s 18x zoom with autofocus provides not only a level of detail that is comparable to a 36x-zoom, 4CIF-resolution camera but also the extra advantage of a wider, 16:9 field of view with zoomed-in views.
Support for HDTV 720p entails a 1280 x 720 pixel resolution, progressive scan, HDTV color fidelity, full frame rate and a 16:9 format. Axis P5544 can deliver multiple, individually configurable H.264 and Motion JPEG video streams simultaneously. H.264 greatly optimises bandwidth and storage use without compromising image quality.
The camera’s other features include day and night functionality for clearer video in low light conditions, and wide dynamic range for better visibility of objects in dark and light areas of a scene.
Axis P5544 supports two-way audio as well as audio detection, which can be used to trigger an alarm when unusual sounds are detected.
The camera can connect to external devices such as sensors and relays to, for example, turn on lights or lock doors.
Axis P5544 supports Axis Camera Application Platform, which enables the installation of video analytic applications from Axis’ partners. It also has a built-in SD/SDHC memory card slot that enables recordings to be stored locally.
The easy-to-install PTZ dome has an IP51 rating, ensuring protection against dust and dripping water, and enabling video to be taken even when a sprinkler system is activated. The camera is powered using High Power over Ethernet (IEEE 802.3at), which simplifies installation since only one standard network cable is needed for carrying power, video and PTZ controls.
Axis P5544 is supported by Axis Camera Station video management software and the industry’s largest base of application software through Axis’ Application Development Partner program.
The camera will be available for order in July.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity