Bahrain PM raps defamatory media campaign
Manama, May 31, 2011
The defamatory media campaign orchestrated against Bahrain has been slammed by His Royal Highness Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa.
'Certain media parties are still determined to publish false information about Bahrain,' he said.
Addressing officials and citizens, he expressed his dismay over the determination of these media parties 'to continue spreading fallacies'.
He deplored the fact that some Bahrainis are joining in such defamatory campaigns against Bahrainis.
'We are dismayed specially at those who accept to contribute to this defamatory campaign, sullying the image of their country and denigrating its achievements abroad,' he said.
'They are doing this although they know there is not an iota of truth in the defamatory things they are spreading about Bahrain,' he added.
He voiced his confidence that Bahrain's future would be even brighter thanks to the unity of its people.
He paid tribute to loyal citizens for joining the national march, wisely led by His Majesty King Hamad.
He vowed nothing would stop the march of development and reform.
'The crisis which gripped Bahrain has cemented national unity,' he said.
HRH the Premier lauded loyal citizens who spared no effort to defend their motherland.
He pledged that neither he nor the nation would ever forget their patriotic stance.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UK denies role in Bahrain’s security action
- Wadi makes splash in booming MICE market
- Alba donates aid to Bahrain’s elderly
- Ethiopia, Egypt tone down talk of war over Nile dam
- Tougher food marketing needed to cut obesity: WHO
- Playnation to host Hip Hop contest
- Bahrain alerts on waste food during Ramadan
- BAS wins hospital catering contract
- Metito announces big global expansion, mulls IPO
- Saudi AAGH group tops Forbes ranking