Dubai PR firm to mark 20 years of operations
Dubai, May 31, 2011
Dubai-based PR agency Total Communications is marking 20 years of its service to the Middle East events industry at an exhibition opening in Dubai tomorrow (June 1).
The Middle East EVENT Show at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre, which ends on June 2, is among a varied portfolio of trade and consumer shows which Total promotes for organisers Informa Exhibitions.
Total Communications, which has supported scores of events, has taken an exhibition stand to spotlight its work to boost awareness of a wide variety of events and well-known brands, a statement said.
“Just like Dubai, PR and the events business have changed a great deal over the last 20 years and we’ve had to adapt to keep pace with all the changes,” said Tony Lewis, the agency’s managing director.
“The biggest changes have been brought about by the huge advances in IT. Today, we take for granted so many things that were not thinkable when we started out in this business.”
“This is brought home to us on days when an Internet cable is cut or our Blackberry goes on the blink. In my first PR job, just before setting up Total Communications, I remember sending photographer’s film to the US media from the opening of the Emirates Golf Club by motor cycle, two flights, and a succession of couriers, and the whole process took around 48 hours,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dubai gold refiner wins ISO certification
- KKR among bidders for Saudi fast food chain
- UK denies role in Bahrain’s security action
- Wadi makes splash in booming MICE market
- Alba donates aid to Bahrain’s elderly
- Ethiopia, Egypt tone down talk of war over Nile dam
- Tougher food marketing needed to cut obesity: WHO
- Playnation to host Hip Hop contest
- Bahrain alerts on waste food during Ramadan
- BAS wins hospital catering contract