UAE eyes $100 million defence deal
Dubai, May 31, 2011
The US Defence Department said the UAE is seeking $100 million (BD37.8 million) worth of supplies and maintenance services for its fleet of F-16 fighters, according to a report in our sister newspaper Gulf Daily News (GDN).
The Pentagon’s Defence Security Co-operation Agency said last week it notified Congress of the deal on May 24.
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm