Inmarsat wins achievement award
Beirut, June 4, 2011
Inmarsat, a key provider of mobile satellite communications services, won top honours at an industry forum for its contribution towards development of satellite communications sector in the Middle East region.
The company was awarded with the Al-Iktissad Wal-Aamal Achievement Award at the 10th Arab Telecommunications and Internet Forum (ATIF), said Inmarsat in a statement.
Inmarsat said it was the only mobile satellite services operator to be awarded this achievement at a grand ceremony held in Habtoor Grand Hotel, Beirut.
Several key figures including Arab telecoms and information ministers, members of the International Telecommunication Union, and the region's leading professionals in the telecommunications industry from the Middle East and Africa took part.
“We are grateful to receive such an outstanding recognition,” said Helene Bazzi, senior area manager, Middle East, Africa, Central Asia, and Russia, Inmarsat.
“Inmarsat remains committed to further develop and lead the mobile satellite communications industry in the region, by offering premium IP-based services running on the most reliable satellite communications network in the world.”
Now in its 10th year, ATIF 2011 was held under the theme ‘Towards new business models.
The forum discussed the new business models in the telecom sector and the main challenges facing major players in the sector in following-up changes in these business models, to launch new services and to execute successful expansion in developing markets.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head