Abu Dhabi Media names new CEO
Abu Dhabi, June 8, 2011
Abu Dhabi Media (ADM), a leading media organization in the Middle East, has appointed Malcolm Wall as chief executive officer with effect from September 1.
Malcolm Wall is the former chief executive for content of Virgin Media, where he ran their television business, the Virgin Media portal and the three television channel groups.
He is a founding director of Redshift Strategy, a leading advisory group in Media.
“Malcolm is a heavy hitter we are delighted to have attracted to ADM. He brings a wealth of senior operational experience in advertising sales, broadcasting and content. He has worked globally within the print, research and news distribution sectors,” said Mohamed Mubarak Al Mazrouie, chairman of Abu Dhabi Media.
“We are confident that he will take Abu Dhabi Media to a new level, maximizing our potential commercially and in public service excellence.”
Wall said: “It is rare to find a company with the Vision of Abu Dhabi Media, together with the resources and Board commitment to deliver it. I am excited about the prospects for ADM’s existing businesses, and the new opportunities serving our local audiences and the region.”
Abu Dhabi Media manages more than 20 market-leading brands across free and pay television, radio, publishing, digital media, games, feature films, music, digital signage, outside broadcast/production, and printing. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Egypt food subsidy bill to total $4.3bn this year
- Entrepreneurship festival targets SMEs
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting