Dubizzle launches mobile website
Dubai, June 15, 2011
Dubizzle, the UAE’s largest free classifieds and community website, has launched a mobile version of its site, offering consumers access to Dubizzle services from any mobile device.
Dubizzle is rolling out the mobile platform simultaneously across all 14 countries in Mena where the company currently operates, a statement said.
All users visiting Dubizzle from their mobile will now be automatically redirected to the new site, with full access to over 250,000 listings for residential properties, automotive classifieds, jobs and more.
Individuals looking to buy, sell and find things online will have the ability to browse Dubizzle classifieds and conduct searches from their mobile. Users will also be able to respond to Dubizzle ads, making it easier to follow new listings anytime and from anywhere.
The mobile launch is Dubizzle’s first step in broadening its offerings across devices and digital platforms, with the site currently accessible from any smartphone with an internet connection.
Initially available in English, the company has plans to develop Arabic and French versions of the mobile platform later this year. Smartphone apps are also being created for Apple, Android, and Blackberry devices, which will start being released to the public later in 2011.
“The Middle East’s online marketplace is a bustling forum where consumers are eager to stay connected when and where it suits them best,” said Sim Whatley, cofounder of Dubizzle. “The launch of Dubizzle mobile builds on our current offerings by adding a new way for people to do business on the go.”
According to a report from intelligence firm IDC, global smartphone shipments are expected to grow by 25 per cent annually, reaching nearly 926 million units in 2015.
“We have invested and will continue to invest huge amounts in Dubizzle’s usability, functionality and security,” said J C Butler, cofounder of Dubizzle. “As the region’s e-commerce industry continues to evolve, the mobile site is just one example of how Dubizzle is planning to deepen our user’s connection with their local community.”
Launched in 2005, Dubizzle has become the region’s leading classifieds and community website with over a million and a half unique visitors a month and more than 70 million page views from across the region. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal