MAF to offer novel movie experience
Dubai, June 19, 2011
UAE-based Majid Al Futtaim (MAF) is set to redefine the movie-going experience in the emirate by delivering exciting new seating, ticketing, dining and big screen cinema options through its newly-created Vox Cinemas.
Vox Cinemas, formally CineStar Cinemas, is now wholly-owned by Majid Al Futtaim Ventures, the growth engine division behind MAF Cinemas, and the incubator responsible for developing new opportunities that complement and reinforce the Group’s leadership across in its core businesses.
The Vox Cinemas brand, derived from the Latin word for ‘voice,’ has been extended to MAF's 50 screens in five locations across the UAE, including Deira City Centre, Mall of the Emirates, Mirdif City Centre, Abu Dhabi’s Marina Mall and Ajman City Centre.
Starting from today, Middle East movie-goers are set for their most dynamic cinema experience to date, said a top official.
“MAF Ventures has seen an incredibly keen appetite for cinema-going over the last decade, and by researching the preferences of our customers across all backgrounds and nationalities, we have created the new Vox Cinemas brand to deliver the most engaging viewing experience as well as more choice in ticketing, seating and dining to further establish movie-going as one of the Middle East’s most popular forms of entertainment,” remarked CEO Ahmed Galal Ismail.
Vox Cinemas, he said, has significant growth plans across the region and will open the first of many planned Vox Cinemas outside the UAE, when Beirut City Centre opens in 2012.
Vox Cinemas CEO Cameron Mitchell, said, 'With this, we have refined every aspect of the cinema-going experience in the region to make it more engaging, fun and hassle-free, from the ease of ticket purchase to innovative seating alternatives, and more delicious food and beverage options.'
'Our customers have said that they see the cinema as an affordable way to unwind, escape and spend time with family and friends, and Vox Cinemas have anticipated these needs to offer an experience that is more stimulating, rewarding and enjoyable by offering the latest cinema technologies, not available elsewhere across the region,' he stated.
'Delivering the UAE’s only 4K digital projection systems for superior viewing of this summer’s major 3D blockbusters, Vox Cinemas’ projection systems have four times the number of pixels and resolution than any other digital cinema in the region, creating a more immersive and compelling cinema experience,' explained Mitchell.
'This enhanced resolution, will boost the popularity of the eagerly anticipated summer releases such as The Green Lantern, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, Cars 2 and Transformers – Dark of the Moon, all of which will be screened on massive new Vox Max mega screens,' he added.
MAF was the first company in the region to introduce premium cinemas, which will be further enhanced through the new Vox Gold brand, offering fully-reclining arm chairs, a comprehensive cafe style menu, and table service within these luxurious cinemas.
Another first for the region, Vox Cinemas is also the first cinema company to offer 3D movies in this premium cinema environment, ensuring that Vox cinema guests can see every film, including explosive new 3D content, in their preferred cinema environment.
Addressing customer feedback, it is also dramatically improving customer choice by offering additional ticketing options including online ticketing through their website (www.voxcinemas.com), an iPhone ticketing application, a mobile website, and kiosk and onsite sales.
The new loyalty programme, Vox Rewards, will reward loyal cinema goers through providing complimentary tickets, food and beverages as well as a range of special offers and movie updates, said Ismail.
The Vox Cafes and candybars, have similarly been upgraded to offer guests a large variety of traditional cinema favourites, coupled with more contemporary food and beverage favourites such as home made gelati, crepes, fresh juices, salads, sandwiches, French fries, coffees, muffins and gourmet popcorns, he explained.
“Vox Cinemas has strong aspirations to roll out its innovative and customized cinema experience to key markets and malls across the Middle East & Levant regions, and we’re currently in discussion with numerous entities across new and existing malls throughout the region,” Ismail added.
Vox cinemas, he said, intends to further enhance the entertainment experience by offering alternative content options including sporting events (World Cups, UEFA Champions League matches and Wimbledon), coupled with forthcoming concerts and children’s events.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages