3 Bahraini bloggers named in global top 100
Manama, June 21, 2011
Three Bahraini bloggers have been named among the top 100 people to follow on a social networking website.
Foreign Minister Shaikh Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifa, Global Voices Middle East editor Amira Al Hussaini and computer programmer Ehsan Kooheji were nominated in the top Twitter users' list in an article published by Foreign Policy magazine yesterday.
The article featured "tweeters" from around the world who "will make you smarter, infuriate you and delight you - 140 characters at a time," said the article's author and magazine's managing editor Blake Hounshell.
Al Hussaini's (@JustAmira), who was described as the 'cat-loving Middle East editor for Global Voices, based in Bahrain', said that she was honoured, flattered and humbled when she heard the news yesterday morning.
The list is a personal guide, which states "the best tweeters are like personal news curators, separating the wheat from the chaff, and fact from fiction".
Hounshell described his chosen top Tweeters as his guide to the global feeds most worth people's time and that the three Tweeters from Bahrain served as 'collecting points for more country-specific conversations'.
The list features writers, analysts, reporters, politicians, and diplomats who are particularly active on Twitter around the world. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain firm to set up virtual fantasy world
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced