3 Bahraini bloggers named in global top 100
Manama, June 21, 2011
Three Bahraini bloggers have been named among the top 100 people to follow on a social networking website.
Foreign Minister Shaikh Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifa, Global Voices Middle East editor Amira Al Hussaini and computer programmer Ehsan Kooheji were nominated in the top Twitter users' list in an article published by Foreign Policy magazine yesterday.
The article featured "tweeters" from around the world who "will make you smarter, infuriate you and delight you - 140 characters at a time," said the article's author and magazine's managing editor Blake Hounshell.
Al Hussaini's (@JustAmira), who was described as the 'cat-loving Middle East editor for Global Voices, based in Bahrain', said that she was honoured, flattered and humbled when she heard the news yesterday morning.
The list is a personal guide, which states "the best tweeters are like personal news curators, separating the wheat from the chaff, and fact from fiction".
Hounshell described his chosen top Tweeters as his guide to the global feeds most worth people's time and that the three Tweeters from Bahrain served as 'collecting points for more country-specific conversations'.
The list features writers, analysts, reporters, politicians, and diplomats who are particularly active on Twitter around the world. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals
- US, Chinese warships narrowly avoid collision
- Gulf Air backs UN 'MY World' survey