GCC forces in joint military exercise
Manama, June 21, 2011
Peninsula Shield forces will conduct a joint military training exercise in Bahrain on Tuesday in line with its programmes to upgrade military preparedness.
The force, which was first deployed to help defend key installations at the height of Bahrain’s unrest in mid-March, will take part in an exercise codenamed “Marshal’s Fist”, the Bahrain Defence Force General Command announced on Monday.
It will involve all command centres of Peninsula Shield troops in Bahrain and is designed to enhance the competence of officers in the event of any threat to GCC security and stability, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain firm to set up virtual fantasy world
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced