GCC forces in joint military exercise
Manama, June 21, 2011
Peninsula Shield forces will conduct a joint military training exercise in Bahrain on Tuesday in line with its programmes to upgrade military preparedness.
The force, which was first deployed to help defend key installations at the height of Bahrain’s unrest in mid-March, will take part in an exercise codenamed “Marshal’s Fist”, the Bahrain Defence Force General Command announced on Monday.
It will involve all command centres of Peninsula Shield troops in Bahrain and is designed to enhance the competence of officers in the event of any threat to GCC security and stability, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals
- US, Chinese warships narrowly avoid collision
- Gulf Air backs UN 'MY World' survey