Raytheon delivers test missiles for UAE
Paris, June 23, 2011
Raytheon Company has completed the first major delivery of materials under a UAE contract for GEM-T test missiles, a statement said.
Three test missile assets were delivered to the US government to conduct testing that supports the final hazard classification for the new production run of GEM-T missiles, it said.
"This is a significant milestone for the UAE Patriot program," said Sanjay Kapoor, vice president for Patriot Programs at Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS). "Our focus on new-build systems and technology refreshes has led to the modernisation of Patriot and reinforced its standing as the premier air and missile defense system of choice."
Raytheon IDS is the prime contractor for both domestic and international Patriot Air and Missile Defense Systems and system integrator for Patriot Advanced Capability-3 missiles.
Raytheon Company, with 2010 sales of $25 billion, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. - TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals
- US, Chinese warships narrowly avoid collision
- Gulf Air backs UN 'MY World' survey