Jotun launches heat reflective paint in Saudi
Dubai, June 27, 2011
Jotun Paints, a leading producer of paints and coatings, has launched an exterior paint product in Saudi Arabia in response to the growing demand for heat-reflective and eco-friendly paints.
Jotashield Extreme provides thermal indoor comfort and a longer-lasting finish with superior exterior protection at a competitive price, a statement said.
“Jotashield Extreme is a result of Jotun’s extensive efforts to develop an exterior paint product that can not only reflect heat but also promote a reduction in energy use,” said Faisal Karim, marketing manager, Jotun Paints - Saudi Arabia.
“This new offering reflects our move to raise the benchmark of environment friendly production techniques and products within the paint manufacturing industry and demonstrates our commitment to promote the adoption of more eco-friendly products and solutions to today's businesses.”
“These are very exciting times for Saudi Arabia’s construction market with over $180 billion of projects in the pipeline or are currently underway. However, the increasing number of projects has also created unique demands for unique products, particularly in paint products that can ably reflect heat and the damaging effects of the sun,” he added.
The continuing development in urban areas in Saudi Arabia is expected to produce an Urban Heat Island (UHI) effect, a phenomenon where metropolitan areas become slightly warmer than its surrounding rural areas.
Studies have shown that the temperatures in urban air domes in Saudi Arabia can run up to four degrees centigrade warmer than the surrounding countryside.
The UHI effect prompts an increase in air conditioning costs and also creates more air pollutants.
Jotun’s Jotashield Extreme makes use of revolutionary pigment technology that allows surfaces to enjoy a darker shade of color but with a thermal indoor comfort and longer lasting protection.
Jotashield Extreme exceeds the international GS-11 standards for paint and offers twice the heat reflective capabilities of ordinary exterior paints.
The revolutionary exterior paint product promotes indoor thermal comfort with its heat reflective pigments and protects surfaces from Near Infrared (NIR) effect by reducing temperature that also results in a reduction in energy consumption, according to the statement.
Jotashield Extreme also comes in multi-color tintable choices. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’
- China firm wins solar power project in Amman
- 15,000 attend Bahrain garden show
- Omani firms shine at top food expo
- Bahrain to set up national food company
- Dozens hurt in gas leak at plant near Doha