Diyar Al Muharraq backs Bahrain sports club
Manama, July 11, 2011
Diyar Al Muharraq, one of Bahrain’s biggest mixed-use residential urban developments, recently donated a bus to one of the oldest sporting clubs in Bahrain for use by club members and team players for their activities.
Bahrain Club, in the Muharraq district of Bahrain, has demonstrated a competitive presence in sporting events with teams representing the club in football, handball, basketball, volleyball, table tennis and bowling.
“We are happy to have been able to provide this help for the Bahrain Club, which has worked with dedication over the years to support the youth of the country and particularly of the Muharraq area,” said Aaref Hejres, CEO of Diyar Al Muharraq.
“Sports and cultural activities encourage a spirit of healthy competition and harmony, motivating young minds and providing ways to channel their energy in healthy and proactive ways. As a socially responsible company, we have looked to identify and support inspiring initiatives.”
“Diyar Al Muharraq is most certainly a part of any community venture that will ultimately translate into positive effects for the country and its citizens,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head