Poultry, livestock firms gear up for Ramadan
Manama , July 13, 2011
Bahraini poultry and livestock companies are gearing up to meet specific consumer needs during Ramadan, under an initiative by the Industry and Commerce Ministry, officials said.
Delmon Poultry Company, Bahrain Livestock Company and Bahrain Flour Mills has confirmed that it is being supported by the ministry, under the guidance of its Consumer Protection Directorate, to take all necessary measures needed to ensure that there is no shortage of supplies during this time.
The company has confirmed that it will supply 27,000 chickens to the market on a daily basis during Ramadan.
Bahrain Livestock Company, meanwhile, will receive nine shipments of sheep and cows between July 15 and September 6 to cover demands.
A total of 30,000 tonnes of wheat will also be imported by Bahrain Flour Mills from Australia to cover consumer needs over the month. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- BAS wins hospital catering contract
- Metito announces big global expansion, mulls IPO
- Saudi AAGH group tops Forbes ranking
- GCC ‘stepping up security co-operation’
- Lockheed Martin JV wins $90m Saudi contract
- Bahrain urged to sign global arms trade treaty
- Rising concerns over data risk for litigators
- Saudi arrests dozens in protest over prisoners
- World cereal production to rise 6.5pc
- If US does not arm Syria's rebels, Arabs may