Poultry, livestock firms gear up for Ramadan
Manama , July 13, 2011
Bahraini poultry and livestock companies are gearing up to meet specific consumer needs during Ramadan, under an initiative by the Industry and Commerce Ministry, officials said.
Delmon Poultry Company, Bahrain Livestock Company and Bahrain Flour Mills has confirmed that it is being supported by the ministry, under the guidance of its Consumer Protection Directorate, to take all necessary measures needed to ensure that there is no shortage of supplies during this time.
The company has confirmed that it will supply 27,000 chickens to the market on a daily basis during Ramadan.
Bahrain Livestock Company, meanwhile, will receive nine shipments of sheep and cows between July 15 and September 6 to cover demands.
A total of 30,000 tonnes of wheat will also be imported by Bahrain Flour Mills from Australia to cover consumer needs over the month. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals