Origami Island, elegant and subtle kitchen
Dubai, July 20, 2011
Like the shapes created by the Oriental art of folding paper, designer Karim Rashid’s new Origami Island kitchen, designed for Amr Helmy Designs, reveals a complex design that is simultaneously elegant and subtle.
Made entirely of DuPont Corian, this kitchen was skillfully manufactured by the Egyptian producer Amr Helmy Designs, a company that specialises in innovative projects with DuPont Corian high-tech surface.
Origami Island’s asymmetrical contours create a streamlined sculptured design. Its narrow base then expands into a wide worktop divided into three functional areas: the cleaning area with integrated sink, the cooking area including a cooking hob, and a snack area, said a statement.
The island is complemented by a large wall cabinet with cupboard space, drawers and kitchen appliances. The cabinet door paneling and drawers are in DuPont Corian, and decorated with a three-dimensional retro-pop pattern which is repeated inside the entire façade, creating a surprising visual effect.
Origami Island is an unconventional kitchen. It is a project by the eclectic designer Karim Rashid, who expresses through this design his wish to “change the world” and invites us to enjoy the pleasure of kitchen conviviality through this original, but functional and welcoming creation, the statement said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan
- Interface showcases new collection
- Saudi woman director wins top GFF award
- Bahrain food firms gear up for Ramadan