Top firms to partake in Ramadan quiz
Manama, August 3, 2011
Bahrain's leading companies will compete against each other today (August 3) in a quiz programme organised by labour fund Tamkeen as part of Ramadan activities.
The Tamkeen Business Quiz Show, at the Cultural Hall next to the National Museum, will feature teams from the banking, insurance, telecommunications and industrial sectors.
Those competing in the first of four quiz nights will be the Bahrain National Holding, ARIG, Mumtalakat and AMEX.
The event is being held under the patronage of Supreme Council for Youth and Sport chairman and Bahrain Olympic Committee president Shaikh Nasser bin Hamad Al Khalifa.
It aims to promote unity and teamwork among Bahraini businesses and the community.
Audience members will enjoy live musical entertainment courtesy Urfilez and compete for prizes at the event.
"We are delighted to launch the Tamkeen Business Quiz Show at the start of the very special month of Ramadan and encourage all businesses and the community at large to take part," said Finmark Communications managing director, Zahra'a Taher.
"We wish all participating teams great success and look forward to gathering together companies and top Bahraini talent to underscore the strength of our industries across the board and the kingdom's position as a leading regional business and financial hub."
The Quiz Nights will be held at 9pm with a finale expected to be held on August 24. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Egypt food subsidy bill to total $4.3bn this year
- Entrepreneurship festival targets SMEs
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting