NatGeo to host Abu Dhabi photo expo
Abu Dhabi, August 3, 2011
The National Geographic Store on London’s Regent Street – one of the UK capital’s busiest shopping streets – will later this month host a photography exhibition dedicated to Abu Dhabi.
Forty photographs belonging to the Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTA) and shot by a number of leading international and regional photographers will be on show in the National Geographic Store Gallery for a week from August 29.
The 40 images depict a variety of scenes from Abu Dhabi reflecting its culture, heritage, landmarks and leisure pursuits.
“This exhibition will give Abu Dhabi an extremely high profile in London during one of the busiest times of the year,” said Nabeel Al Zarouni, ADTA’s country manager, UK and Ireland.
“In addition, the house chefs at National Geographic’s in-store café will create two special Abu Dhabi dishes that will go on sale the same week.”
The UK remains Abu Dhabi’s main international source market for hotel guests with numbers from the country rising by 20 per cent in the first half of this year compared to the same period last year, accounting for some 72,998 guests.
“National Geographic has been inspiring people to care about the planet for over a century – we hope that joining forces with them for this Abu Dhabi promotion will also inspire travelers to seek out a welcome in our emirate,” added Al Zarouni. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head