AudienceME launches brand platform
Dubai, August 3, 2011
AudienceME, a digital media sales firm, has launched the first brand advertising platform to service the Mena region, bringing quality global publishing inventory together with regional advertisers eager for high-quality advertising environments.
AudienceME (www.audienceme.com) will represent ad space on quality international sites to advertisers in the Middle East, where ad spending is growing at a phenomenal rate.
Driven by younger populations, increasing disposable incomes and higher consumption patterns, the region’s overall advertising spend increased by more than 24 per cent in 2010 according to the Pan Arab Research Centre -- four times greater than the North American market.
“The explosion of social media among the younger demographic in the Middle East has really blown open the doors for all digital media in the region,” said Kumar Verma, founder and CEO of AudienceME.
“Publishers are looking to find ways to effectively monetize page views and their audiences from around the world. We are stepping in to help market that inventory to regional advertisers who are eager for quality environments.
AudienceME specifically targets the GCC countries -- UAE, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait – as well as Egypt and Lebanon. The brand platform has already signed on several international publishers across different verticals, including foreignpolicy.com, perfectescapes.com and tennis.com.
Darren Kelly, chief revenue officer at Photobucket.com, said: “We are excited about the AudienceME opportunity and how it can help us leverage our sizeable and socially active audience in that market. It is a great opportunity for us to tap into the growing brand dollars that exist in the region.”
AudienceME’s Verma added: “Online advertising has seen extremely strong growth in the Mena region and there is a pent-up demand for premium publishing environments. AudienceME will bring our relationships with publishers in the US together with those brands in the Middle East to help both sides accomplish their marketing and sales goals.”
The team behind AudienceME brings extensive experience and expertise in the US and the UAE, where the company will focus its initial efforts. Prior to launching AudienceME, Verma has been President and CEO of digitalroot, an online advertising services company with clients in the US, India and the Middle East.
Advisory board members include Upendra Shardanand, CEO of content platform Daylife, as well as Adrienne Skinner, CRO of the ad platform Image Space Media and founder of Winstar Interactive, one of the first US firms to specialize in representing premium content sites. - TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dubai private security firm gets key certification
- Dutch firm wins Algeria interior ministry order
- Bahrain SMEs 'on the verge of closure'
- Unrest victim's kin stranded at Bahrain airport
- Egypt food subsidy bill to total $4.3bn this year
- Entrepreneurship festival targets SMEs
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet